What is a Diamond Peel Facial?
A diamond peel is a non-invasive, mechanical procedure that removes dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil on the skin surface. It improves the appearance of your skin, by revealing younger and radiant skin underneath in an instant if you’re struggling with fine scars.
How Does a Diamond Peel Facial Work?
There are two components of a diamond peel procedure:
First, there is the “diamond” component: An abrasive diamond is placed at the tip of a hypoallergenic instrument which is then used to loosen dead skin cells and dirt from the face. The “peel” aspect then refers to the process of ridding your face of debris. You are technically peeling off the stratum corneum, or the layer of dead cells on the uppermost layer of your epidermis. A wand that acts like a vacuum is then used to suck all the debris away, leaving your skin as clean as it will ever be.
This non-invasive procedure is completed in about 45 minutes, and is typically paired with a relaxing facial massage, which involves cleansing, steaming, and moisturizing of the face.
What Results Can I See with Diamond Peel Facial?
After a diamond peel session, you’re left with clean and firm skin that radiates from within. With repeated diamond peel sessions, one can also notice the additional skin benefits of:
- Increase Your Collagen Production: Diamond peels help to stimulate the production of collagen, a substance which help your skin to regain elasticity and prevents the formation of reduce fine lines. Even with just one session, you can experience the marked improvement of your skin’s elasticity from the collagen production.
- Minimizes scars: The diamond peel process will also minimize the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks, and pigmentations by loosening the dead cells on the surface of the skin.
- Removes blackheads: The pores are also tightened and blackheads removed to reduce further acne breakouts.
- Improves skin conditions: Overall, a diamond peel helps to prevent the skin from being oily, leaving it clear, smooth and young-looking.
Are there Potential Side Effects of a Diamond Peel Facial?
A diamond peel is a safe procedure that has minimal recovery time, although you might experience some mild redness that has been described as the sensation of having a mild sunburn and feeling somewhat flushed. However, most people have no complaints of any side effects post-peel, and these symptoms usually subside within the day. This makes the diamond peel a treatment that is safe and a suitable facial option.
Is Diamond Peel Facial Suitable for My Skin Condition?
While a diamond peel poses minimal risk, acne-prone individuals may experience minor bleeding during the procedure. Hence, to avoid worsening of the skin’s condition, the procedure is not recommended for people with some blemishes.
Skin Care Tips After a Diamond Peel Facial
After the diamond peel treatment, your skin may be a lot more sensitive. To maximize the full benefits of the diamond peel, follow the following after-care tips:
- Apply Sunscreen (SPF 30 minimally): As your skin will become susceptible to darkening, it is advisable to wear sunscreen that protects the skin from harsh UV rays. As much as possible, try to stay indoors and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- Avoid Harsh Products: If possible, avoid using facial creams or astringents that may be too harsh for your delicate post-treatment skin. Use milder facial products that are hypoallergenic if necessary.
- Moisturize Your Skin: As your skin is now more sensitive, be sure to moisturize to prevent tightness and dryness of the skin.
How Often Should I Go for a Diamond Peel Facial?
Though the results of a diamond peel for your skin are significantly improved after one session, you should undergo a recommended treatment plan for best results. This typically involves a series of up to ten treatments – one every three to four weeks. Once the benefits are achieved, scale it down to a session every three months to maintain a clear and glowing skin.